Travel insights from Jenna Buege, contributing editor of The Compass
Whether you’re celebrating a new beginning or looking to spice things up, there’s always a great reason to book a romantic getaway with your significant other. Newlyweds and OG couples alike will love honoring their relationship milestones with these dreamy vacations.
- HoneymoonYou did it! Say goodbye to wedding planning stress and get ready to celebrate your new beginning together in style. Perhaps you’ll find yourselves somewhere on a beach in Mexico, exploring the cobblestone streets of a quaint European village or maybe you’ll do some sight-seeing in a hot domestic city; the possibilities for fun and romance are endless. Arguably the most popular type of romantic trip, honeymoons are a fabulous way to bond with your spouse and daydream about what’s to come.
- AnniversarySix months or 60 years, an anniversary is always cause for celebration. Was your first kiss in the next city over? Did you honeymoon in Paris? Couples love using anniversary trips as a way to revisit significant sites from their past to help keep their flame burning bright. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t seek out an entirely new adventure. The sky’s the limit.
- BabymoonHip-hip-hooray, the baby’s on its way! While a new addition to the family is always exciting, many expecting parents have hopped on the babymoon train. So what exactly is a babymoon? It’s a time for couples to embrace what might be their last chance for some quality alone time before their bouncing bundle of joy enters the picture. Some couples indulge in a relaxing staycation, while others are eager to embark on a sunny beach escape. Babymoons aren’t just for your first child! If you’re expecting your second, third or adopting, it’s a great chance to take some extra couple time right before your family grows again.
- CelebrationDid your partner do something particularly awesome recently? We know that you think that they’re great all the time, but maybe they got that promotion at work, completed a creative endeavor or decided to chase after one of their dreams. It’s important that we recognize our personal and professional achievements and what better way to show your s/o that you’re rooting for them than a celebration vacation.
- Vow RenewalA vow renewal ceremony is like hopping into an emotional time machine to when you first said “I do.” However, your love has deepened and matured over the years and you’re wiser than ever before, making this special occasion the perfect time to personalize your promise to love your partner forever. Most vow renewals are celebrated between the couple and their closest friends and family but the ceremony is not to be treated as a second wedding. Instead, it’s an intimate affair that says, “we still do.”
- Just BecauseLast, but not least is our favorite reason to take a romantic vacation: just because. Travel is always a great way for couples to grow together as they navigate foreign lands, test each other’s patience and create lasting memories. Sometimes the best reason of all is to travel together because you love each other.
Contact us to book your next romantic cruise